The LEGO Minifigures Series 18 was a celebration. Now that the party is over, the LEGO Minifigures Series 19 is just around the corner. In this updated guide you can find all the latest rumours, reveals (featuring two new minifigs and the full expected numbered lineup), and more breaking news about the 16 characters in LEGO 71025.
LEGO Minifigures Series 19
Confirmed New Characters!
Two characters have been shared on an eBay listing, which have now sold. According to YouTuber Brother From Another Brick, early reviews will drop for these minifigures.
Ghost Knight (3rd in Lineup)
- Translucent blue sword and top helmet hair.
- Teal coloured head with blue on it and teal hands.
- Cool printed bat-shield.
Rainbow Panda (15th in Lineup)
Looks like a care bear, but also resembles the Panda from the movie CMF.
- New colours based from the LEGO movie series Panda.
- Printed rainbow tile piece.
You can watch this YouTube video for more details;
Names have not been confirmed. Thanks to “Series 19 Fanatic” in the comments section, here’s the expected lineup and numbers;
#1: Xbox Gamer
#2: Shower Guy
#3: Ghost knight
#4: Chima Throwback (?)
#5: Robot Programmer
#6: Female Mummy
#7: Biologist (?)
#8: Fire Chief
#9: Doggy Caretaker (?)
#10: Pizza Suit Guy
#11: Evil Suit Guy (?)
#12: Grandma (?)
#13: Rugby Player
#14: Fox Suit Guy
#15: Rainbow Panda
#16: Biking Champ Girl
For more details, check out this video:
- The LEGO Movie 2 Minifigures Series (71023) – January 31, 2019.
- The LEGO Disney 2 Minifigures Series (71024) – May 1, 2019.
- LEGO Minifigures Series 19 (71025) – Early September, 2019.
Our team’s research was proven correct, the LEGO Disney 2 CMF released on May 1st, and therefore was numbered 71024.
It’s a given that the third series will be Series 19 71025. The designers themselves said in an interview that they will definitely make one unlicensed series a year. LEGO’s Minifigures Series through 1-18 have all been unlicensed. We can expect this in early September.
Previous LEGO Minifigures Series release dates
Since 2015, from Series 15 and on, LEGO Minifigures have been releasing annually. Respectively, the release years have corresponded with their series numbers;
- Series 15: February 1, 2015 (U.S.)
- Series 16: September 1, 2016
- Series 17: May 1, 2017
- Series 18: April 1, 2018
When will we get Series 19 Revealed?
LEGO officially announced Series 18 this past year in February 2018. However, various online outlets showed images even earlier last year. The party based CMF was then released in April 2018 to celebrate 40 years of the minifigure.
While information may surface in late July, you can expect an official announcement in August, ready for release in September.
How many characters in Series 19?
From Series 1 through Series 17, LEGO included sixteen minifigures in each set. Series 18, on the other hand, showcased seventeen minifigures in total. Series 10 also included seventeen if you include the ultra-rare Mr. Gold (only 5,000 produced worldwide).
Update: The pack cover shows that there will be 16 minifigures to collect.
After looking at the very top of Evil Knights’ leaflet, we can see the very bottom of a ‘1’, followed by a rounded number. This means that we can expect the LEGO Minifigures Series 19 (71025) to include sixteen or eighteen fun-sized characters to collect.
Potential CMF Series 19 Themes
Update: These are now older predictions, but we thought we’d keep them live for you to look through!
Prior to Series 18, the last minifigures series to have a theme (both unlicensed) was Series 14, released in 2015. Here are some of the community’s and our LEGO Minifigures Series 19 guesstimates;
The LEGO 71025 series is expected to be unlicensed due to the LEGO designers confirming they will definitely make one unlicensed series a year. However, that does not stop the popularity of video games influencing the themes.
- Video games are highly influencing the market. With the success of Red Dead Redemption 2, more cowboy/western minifigures in LEGO Minifigures Series 19 would be awesome!
- God of War had a very successful release for Sony’s PlayStation. Seeing a “Norse God” amongst our LEGO 71025 minifigures would be epic.
- LEGO recently added a new medium leg mold, like in the Harry Potter and the Fantastic Beasts Series. Much of the community speculates the these new, shorter legs will be put to good use. Aforementioned YouTuber just2good even posted a video of the popular Netflix series Stranger Things concept! The new medium leg mold is a perfect fit here.
- Series 16 included “Banana Suit Guy.” Series 17 had “Corn Cob Guy.” LEGO Minifigures Series 19 could very well add another fruit or vegetable Guy. Personally, I’d like to see a “Grape Guy.” The minifigure could be dressed up in a sweet purple grape costume.
- With Series 16 including a “female kick boxer”, it’s possible Series 19 will have a male kick boxer companion. It’s common for LEGO to pair up minifigures.
- Similarly, Series 15 included a “kendo fighter.” It’d be great to see another kendo fighter so they can actually duel.
- Series 3 came with a unique “Gorilla” minifigure. It’s been that long since we’ve seen another animal minifigure. We’d like to see a giraffe.
Other guesses/wants from the community include;
- a centaur,
- camera operator,
- more retro spacemen,
- lady bandit,
- medieval blacksmith,
- 1900s motorcar driver,
For now, in addition to the Rainbow Panda and Evil Knight minifigures, we can only speculate which characters will be featured in the LEGO Minifigures Series 19. However, we can expect an assortment of unique and fun LEGO CMFs to add to our LEGO world.
What would you like to see next year in LEGO 71025?